Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Nice to meet you.

Yes, yes. I know. Where have I been, you say? The answer, for the most part, is that I've been writing songs. There's more to the story than that, of course, but most of the other stuff isn't all that interesting, so we can leave it at that.

I'll do my best to blog a little more in the coming days/weeks, but in the meantime, here are two things of import.

First, I am working on a Christmas CD. It will be mainly original songs that I've written about Christmas, and a few "standards." I know that no one on earth -- well, maybe my mom -- is dying to hear Ross King versions of holiday classics, so I won't fill the CD with too much of that. But I do have several new songs that I want to share, and I have some ideas for how to produce/arrange some of the familiar stuff as well.

So be looking for news on that. When I release it -- Lord willing, in late October or early November -- I'll be doing some concerts to promote it. Let me know if you're interested in hosting something in November or December.

Second, go watch this:
http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=535454070421&ref=mf.


I love it when real people act crazy and embarassing on video for the whole world to see, and I love it even more when they use my music as the soundtrack to their craziness.

And speaking of "Juicebox," who has ideas on how to get Juicy Juice to use my song as their jingle? How hard can it be?

2 comments:

joe.peebles said...

Hmm... what about a 30-second video snippet of kids enjoying juice and jamming to Juicebox, cleverly shot and designed all that - post a video on Youtube, send the link to Juicy Juice as if to say, "All this could be yours, if... the price is right."

Kevin E said...

I was jamming to Juicebox yesterday and thought that a Christmas version about Eggnog would be great!

"Eggnog... love me some eggnog... Eggnog... everybody loves eggnog..."

My VBS 1st-graders loved starting each day with some calisthenics while listening to Juicebox. Keep up the awesome work!