Sunday, June 21, 2009

Trip

Next week at this time, I’ll be spending my second night (of 7) in Haiti. Our church is sending 12 of us there to live the Gospel among orphans and the other people that spend their lives there. I won’t go into the long story here, but I just wanted all of you to know about it, so that you can be praying or whatever.

Haiti is the 2nd poorest country in the world. Over half the population is malnourished, and most of them are illiterate. In addition, the country is plagued by governmental corruption, violence, and cults. To put it mildly, it’s a pretty dark place. We’re going to spend a week sharing a little Light.

In other random news, I’ve been entering some songwriting contests. It’s not something that I’ve ever really done before, but I just thought I’d try it. I’ll keep you posted if I win any. Which is to say, I'll brag on it probably act too cool like I never knew you.

Oh, and the children’s record is still coming along great. I’m starting to see the end. I’m 90% the record will be out by late August. I’ll keep you posted on that as well.

1 comment:

court garrison said...

Love the name and VERY excited for the Childrens Record Ross! Please Jesus some real quality music for my kids...not total cheese! Anywho...looking forward to it and praying right now that Haiti will bless you and Jesus will use you to bless those people there...May His Kingdom Come...