Tuesday, November 13, 2007

words, words,words

There was this great episode of Beavis and Butthead where Butthead was reading the label on a some product (I forget what it was) and he just ran his finger along the fine print and said "words... words... words..." until he ran into a word that sounded like something dirty. It was awesome. I know I'm not supposed to like that show, but there you go.

Anyway, I just wanted to let everyone know that I finally got the lyrics (i.e. words) to the new CD on my website. It's on the "writings" page. Thanks to all of you who have been asking. My apologies for taking so long. I wish I could've had them in the liner notes, but budget concerns prevailed.

I'm working on recaps for this past weekend. I had 3 really great shows, and I really just felt like God used this weekend to affirm and encourage me in this whole concert thing I've been getting back into. It's a long story that I may or may not tell. But one of the big punchlines is this: this weekend I "sold" (meaning people paid me to take CD's even when they didn't have to) over 250 CD's. Most of those were the new one. And that brings me to another cool thing. On September 5, I had 1000 copies of Perhaps I've Said Too Much. Today I have less than 150. That means that, if my math skills are right, I've sold over 800 of these suckers (I've given away probably 40) in about 2 months (not counting downloads from iTunes, etc). That also means that, so far, this is my fastest-selling project ever. Now didn't I hear recently that people aren't buying CD's anymore? Whatever.

Hey, I know 800 in two months isn't a big deal for people who are signed and on the radio, but when you're mainly selling them in living rooms, doing all the work yourself, it feels pretty good.

And it's nice to pay bills, too.

Hopefully I'll have a recap tomorrow or the next day. I'm waiting on some pics from the shows.

Thanks to all the hosts and attendees of the weekend's shows.

2 comments:

Romack said...

So, if you type "Beavis and Butthead" into Google, Ross King's blog will come up. Awesome!

RR said...

Dude, I was just doing some cd browsing at independantbands.com and your CD is like #7 on their bestseller list. YOU REALLY ARE A ROCK STAR! And you've been to my house....I'm never that stool again!