Sunday, April 27, 2008

When you're having writer's block...

... the best thing to do is to point out really great stuff that other people say about you, which distracts readers from the issue, which is that you don't blog much these days. The family was out all weekend, and I've been generally slammed for the last week, but I should be back in a day or two. Whilst you wait for more brilliance and humor, go read that thing that I linked to. It may be the only time I ever get any kind of pseudo-mainstream props, so forgive me if I'm a little geeked about it.

6 comments:

D.O. said...

You've got every right to be geeked out. Congrats on the JFH review.

Nathan T said...

Wow, you got the "indie" spotlight - you think you are ready for that?

"If you are looking for a comfortable listening experience, be prepared for a bit of a jolt."
Congrats!

joe.peebles said...

That's awesome. But I'm not familiar with all of the "if you like ___, you'll love ___" influences. Now if they said something like "Ross King is like a Whodini meets Brad Paisley meets Petra" then I could totally imagine it.

Michael said...

congrats

Jeff said...

Ross, what do you think about the review?

I think it was pretty accurate. The fans of Derek Webb thing is pretty true.

rk said...

Jeff--
I was excited and encouraged by the review. On one level, any time anyone in some sort of mainstream publication takes notice of my work, that's cool. It's only happened a handful of times in my career. On another level, it was really cool to hear the specific kinds of comments that they gave. "Ross' music really ROCKS!" would be nice, I guess, but that's not something I'm all that concerned about hearing. The reviewer gave some really pointed and thoughtful feedback, and that was affirming. As you probably know, I'm trying to do a really specific thing with my music, and I feel like the reviewer really nailed that.

And yes, I'll take a Derek Webb comparison any day.