Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Huge in PA!

Actually, this time it's more like I'm huge in MD, but I just like saying that. I've been saying it (despite the fact that it's a complete and utter fabrication) since '03, when "Clear the Stage" spent at least 2 weeks on the top 20 charts in Lancaster County (check out #46 of the '03 Top 100 and see for yourself that, at one time, I was almost-but-not-quite a chart-topping hitmaker). Those were the glory days, kids.

But I move on. I don’t dwell on it. I mean, occasionally on rainy days during various media-related writer’s strikes, I sometimes eat an entire bag of Funyuns and Bean Dip in the dark and dial my own cell phone, listening to the “Clear the Stage” ringtone and weeping uncontrollably. But it’s not like I dwell on it. I move on.



So anyway, here’s the schedule for the upcoming PA/MD tour:

Thursday April 17 – Gravity Bookstore in Reading, PA
Friday April 18 – Location TBA in Baltimore, MD
Sunday April 20 (AM) – Lifepoint Church in Reisterstown, MD
Sunday April 20 (PM) – House Concert in Reisterstown, MD

I’m pretty sure the first two shows are wide open. Not so sure about the others. If you’re interested, let me know. Also, if you'll notice, I'm not doing anything Saturday night. I had some offers (sorry to those of you who I had to say no to), but it was just going to be hard to do a show on Saturday night and then play early on Sunday morning. But fret not, loyal minions, for I’ve already got some plans to come back to the NE in the summer.

If I keep this up, I know the Christian radio is bound to notice me again and get me back on the charts. Faster than you can scream "stop asking Oprah what to do!" I'll be nestled snugly between Jeremy Camp and Casting Crowns. Wait, that didn’t sound right. Well, either way, I hope they like Funyun breath.

3 comments:

joe.peebles said...

When "one part" eats Funyuns and Bean Dip, "all parts suffer together."

Unknown said...

check out this chart...."clear the stage" was voted the #16 Christian song of all time in 2004...

http://www.wjtl.com/music/top500/charts/2004.html

Stephen Gray said...

When will you know the location for the show in Baltimore? I used to live in Texas and saw you several times when I was in seminary/just out of seminary.