Wednesday, February 20, 2008

The best songwriter I know...

No, it's not me, but I appreciate you thinking that. It's this guy, who you can also see in that sweet photo above. And he's playing at my church this Sunday. The concert will start at 7:30. It's free, and it's a guaranteed good time. I'm proud to say that Andy has been a friend of mine for, I don't know 15 years or so. He's gone on to bigger and better things, like working with this guy a lot, and marrying this girl. But I still brag to my friends that we used to write mediocre songs together.

I'm a name-dropper. So what?
Maybe someday I'll share a ridiculous but true story of the time that Andy's little brother dropped the bucket of a front-end loader on my head and knocked me out cold. He felt bad, and everybody forgave him, so I don't like to talk about it too much. But now that it's like a decade past, I can probably share it.
Anyway, the concert will be here. Everybody come and buy Andy's music.

2 comments:

Jeff said...

I saw him on the Behold the Lamb of God Tour with Andrew Peterson, Andrew Osenga, Bebo Norman and Sara Groves and the only thing everyone was talking about after the concert was how they loved Andy's music and sense of humor.

LP said...

Ross,

I don't get around blog pages much, but you're not the only one name-dropping!

http://www.blogger.com/profile/06952576070081989596

'Great company, all of you.