Friday, June 29, 2007

Oklavania or Pennslahoma?


Check out this fella. I've spent time in both Oklahoma and Pennsylvania. In tons of ways, they are very different. But this kind of dude can be found in both places. God bless America.

That's got almost nothing to do with this post.

But I did want to let you all know that I'm 90% done planning two of the legs of the Su Casa Es Mi Casa tour. As you have probably surmised by now, those two legs will be in/around Oklahoma and in/around Pennsylvania.

Here are the basics:

I'll be in OK/KS/MO sometime around September 4-9. Maybe more days, maybe less.

I'll be in PA/NY/MD sometime around September 19-26. That tour got pushed back, for several reasons.

If you live in these areas and have contacted me about a show, but you haven't heard from me in the last couple of weeks, be patient. I'm working it out. Truthfully, I probably can't play in every single home that has requested it. But I'm doing my best to hit as many as possible. And I'm pretty sure that I'm going to do the PA/NY/MD thing twice, to try to meet the demand. I've got a good bit of flight miles, so I can do that traveling for almost nothing. So if I miss your home/venue in late September, don't worry. I'll probably come back around in October or November.

That's all I have on that for now. I'm waiting on a couple of confirmations before i post the final tour dates/stops. Hopefully I'll have that up early next week.

Also, I think I made my decision about the "extra songs" that I mentioned last week. Lance, most of your ideas weren't that practical, but I really honestly thought about eating the songs. But they're just too meaty and delicious for one man to enjoy alone. Ooooh snap!

But seriously, I'll let you guys know about that soon as well. I'm working out the details. Just know this: the punchline is that there will be free music involved, and folks like you will probably get the first crack at it. Thanks for the help in working that out.

I'm off to Mississippi for the weekend (check my website for details). If you're in the area, come see me.

4 comments:

Todd Wright said...

Did you just say "oooh, snap?" or did I dream it?

Lance said...

Oh no you didn'!

JasonSigs said...

sho 'nuff!

Alex Burdine said...

I'd love to be uber-offended by the notion that "that guy" could be from either Pennsylvania or Oklahoma....but you're right...too right.

Ross, I've always had this thought and wondered, since you're the all-star traveler, if you agree:

Most Americans think they are way more cosmopolitian and urban than they really are (because being a hick is uncool) and the town, area, or state they live in is MUCH more cultured than the state, city, or area right next to them, i.e. PA is much more cultured than Jersey or Texas is more cultured than Arkansas.

Unless you're from East Texas and then you LIKE being a hick...or from Houston and really ARE more urban than the rest of us. I'm mainly speaking of the middle class white people...otherwise known as, "Ross's Base".

I think it explains White culture gravitation towards Hip Hop and Black culture.

thoughts?