Monday, June 7, 2010

Shows! Updates! Wanna book me for a house concert? Ecksetera!

Don’t you hate when people say that word wrong? Well, I do. And you should too. I spelled it wrong just so that, if you are one of those people, you'd see how silly it looks. Sound it out, people.

Well, I am officially unemployed again. May 30 was my last Sunday at this church. I’ve had a great time, but I’m ready to go back to being an extremely un-famous musician with a “how will my bills get paid this month” life.

Many of you have been asking about the Rudy’s jingle. All I can tell you is that I’ve turned it in and it’s been approved. I really don’t know when it will be online and/or on the radio and/or on TV. But you can be that I’ll post updates here about it. I ain’t shy about such things.

In the meantime, I’ve got lots going on. Here’s a list of the stuff coming up soon.

June 14-17: I’m doing a children’s camp for this church.

June 18: I’m doing a concert for this church in Houston on that Friday evening. My pal Johnny Simmons will join me on percussion.

June 20-25: I’m going to Nashville for various co-writing sessions with writers out there.

July 4: I’m leading worship for this church in Arlington, TX.

July 12-16: I’ll begin recording/producing a record for these super-talented people.

July 17: I’ll be doing a benefit concert in Houston with this guy. More info here.

July 25: I’ll be leading worship for this church in San Antonio.

So, let me know if you want more info on any of the concert/worship dates, and pray for me as I write in Nashville. As many of you know, I would really love to be more of a “songwriter” by trade. I’ve already been blessed that a significant chunk of my income is from my writing, but I’d really love to have that be my “main deal,” so that I could travel only a little. I still love leading worship and doing house concerts and such, but I don’t like leaving my hot wife and my awesome kids at home, and we can’t afford a tour bus.

One last thing: I’d like to book some house concerts around the DFW and San Antonio dates listed above. I’ll post something specific about this later in the week, but if you’re interested in hosting a DFW or SA show in July, please let me know.

That’s all for now.

1 comment:

Christy@pipandsqueak said...

Ross, I would be happy to host a house concert in the DFW area. I can't say my house is huge but if you have no other offers we are free. Maybe my parents would let me use their house. They have an awesome patio and huge yard.