Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Advent-turous

How about that title, huh? I had two other great ones, both based upon the Ebeneezer Scrooge character from Dickens. They were "Blah-blah humbug" and "Bah hum-plug." Seriously, how have I not made a fortune in comedy writing? I'm like a creative fountain of brilliance and wit and what-not. For reals.

So, that third one, "bah hum-plug," leads me to the reason for this post.

I am not a huge fan of Christmas music, but as I get older -- and probably because I have young children -- I am starting to warm up to it a little. I think Christmas music is funny because people tend to buy and listen to singers/artists at Christmas that they otherwise wouldn't. For example, I don't listen to Neil Diamond, Celine Dion, Linda Ronstadt, or Harry Connick Jr all that often, but during Advent/Christmas time, they get some serious play in my home.

Anyway, the main thing for today is to send you to some great new Advent/Christmas music by friends of mine.

Go here and here to check it all out. These are both really great records by really great people who love Jesus and will spend your money well. Enjoy.

No comments: